Monday, November 16, 2009

Weight loss and loose skin?

I was 5'10 7 years ago at 16 and 115 lbs at my heaviest. Now after 3 kids, I am 171. I have very small ankles and wrists and am worried when I loose the extra weight, I will have a lot of loose skin. So I am apprehensive about the weight loss because surgery is out of the question. Had my last baby 9 months ago. I am 10 lbs shy of my prepregnancy weight. At 160, I look pretty average and not the least bit on the "chunky" side. I want to be 150. Will I have a lot of loose skin. I have massive stretch marks between my legs where my thighs just swelled up. I used to have chicken legs. My frame is long torso, long legs, and long arms and people freak when they hear me call myself fat.


What do I do so I don't have saddle bags???? TY

Weight loss and loose skin?
You probably ought to concentrate more on exercising and staying healthy instead of worrying about numbers. If you do that, your body will look good no matter what the scale says. But yes, weight loss should be slow and gradual, to give the skin and the rest of the body time to adjust. Make sure you stay well hydrated, no matter what. I'm hard-pressed to find many patients who don't show some signs of mild dehydration anyway, and exercising/losing weight will only make it worse.
Reply:You have to lose weight slowly...that way your skin can easily adjust and dont sag their way....exercise to tone up your muscles and dont rush to lose weight, ok? I have seen people who did not have saggy skin while losing weight coz they did it slowly coupled with exercise.


No comments:

Post a Comment