Monday, November 16, 2009

How much does loose skin weigh?

how much does loose skin weigh?





OK - I lost 114 lbs since I had my baby in March 2005. I am almost at my goal weight, but I think I would already be there if it weren't for the loose skin - I can fit in smaller clothing than I could before at this weight.





I don't know if I should keep losing 'til I get to my goal, or just stay where I am and wait until I have money saved for plastic surgery - so does anyone know how much it weighs?

How much does loose skin weigh?
I've seen on shows (Dr. 90210, Plastic Surgery) that they can take anywhere from 5 to 20 pounds of loose skin off... I guess it just depends on how much you have hanging.





I think you should have a health and muscle/tone goal, not a weight goal. This way, if you do opt for the surgery, what was hiding under the skin will really shine through... regardless if you were already at your goal, 2 lbs away, or even under! This isn't to say that you should stop working out till you get enough money. Surgery shouldn't be a "get out of jail free" card where you can do what you want in the months before it.





Also, please do research on the doctors in your area. Make sure they are accredited with good standing among their other patients and that they think you're an excellent candidate for the surgery (no smoking!). And make sure you are aware of all of the drawbacks of a serious surgical procedure such as this one!





Good Luck
Reply:Girl - I have that problem too, I lost about 40 pounds and now I weigh 106 pounds and people are always saying how small I am - but if I take my clothes off - I look like I about 130 pounds, the skin is SO loose. I went to see a plastic surgeon and he said he could tighten the area above my belly button which would help. But he did recommend to exercise, just eat right no more weight loss and see if that help.


You would think after losing the weight you would be happy, but in my in case I wished I would have stayed bigger. Let me know if you get any good suggestions.


No comments:

Post a Comment