Monday, November 16, 2009

Help with loose skin on arms from weight loss?

12 months ago I had courage to go to a safe house because my life was a wreck, my husband(soon to be ex) had every kind of addiction, drug, alcohol, cigarrette, sex, food. After 8 years I had succummed to the eating addiction myself I found food my only solace. Soon I found that I was large enough he no longer would abuse me sexually as often so it only wanted me to gain more. Another 5 years and I was so large(380lbs) he never touch me other than to beat me. Which brings me to 1 year ago,,when I found I was so fat, I was having difficulty just getting up for work. Leaving everyday was my only escape %26amp; gave me thread of sanity. I know this sounds pathetic, but job at daycare was my only reason for living. I suddenly had courage to leave. I stayed at shelter and the need to eat stopped. I have lost 140 in a year, it's coming off so fast I have loads of loose skin and with new life ahead, would like to know is there any thing I can do to help skin get back? I'm 45 %26amp; don't make alot of $

Help with loose skin on arms from weight loss?
Wow.


First of all i want to congratulate you, not only for losing the weight but for having the strength to leave your husband and change your life. You are obviously a very determined and strong person.


The things you could try would be toning exercises such as lifting canned food up and down if you dont have weights.


You could try a toning massage to firm up the skin.


Unfortunately with extreme weightloss sometimes the only answer is to have skin surgery to remove it, as the skin has lost elasticity. Im not sure how trhe medical system works in the US, it different to herte in the UK, but maybe you can get medical insurance, or free treatment, or get people to sponsor you by writing to weightloss businesses, hospitals, surgeons etc and telling them your story, or raise money between you and your friends.





I believe that you wont give up on this, as you've come so far.





Good luck


No comments:

Post a Comment