Friday, November 20, 2009

How long does it take for loose skin to retract?

Im 19 years old, 6'6" and 250 lbs. Between the ages of 15 and 17 I gained weight and ended up around 350lbs. In the summer of 2006 is when I started to work out and lose weight. During this time I drank mostly water, ate better and went to the gym for an hour at least 6 days a week. Im still working out 6-7 days a week but since winter break I have now switched to more weight training since I am nearing my target weight. My biggest problem is I have quite a bit of loose skin.





Ive been able to fill in my arms and most of my legs with muscle but still have alot of loose skin on my stomach and some other areas. Ive looked around alot on the subject and I have found that alot say that surgery may be the only option but thats not an option for me now. Ive taken to using cocoa butter daily so if nothing else it will help with stretch marks and I drink about a gallon of water a day but what else could I do and since im still young how long should it take to retract at least a good amount?

How long does it take for loose skin to retract?
You have Stretch marks so this skin is permanently damages %26amp; wont retract.





The problem is if you are big for long periods the skin over stretches and wont recover.


Just ask any woman who has given birth %26amp; has stretch marks.





So I'm Sorry from what you have said then its not going to recover.





Just to be sure ask your Doc next time you see him/her
Reply:Honestly, it can take up to a year. If you've got loose skin still, it may really be time to save for that surgery.

daphne

No comments:

Post a Comment